Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Back to reality

Yesterday marked the return to the field after my oh so pleasant vacation. Today settled in the fact that vacation is definitely over. Too bad. I was told to be ready for work at 6:15am. Then after I finished getting ready, eating breakfast, etc, I was told that we would wait for the storms which hadn't yet arrived to come and then go again before we leave. (I was told yesterday by the same person that it was to thunderstorm today. And this is a surprise now?) So it is past 9am and we still haven't left for work. So many good sleeping hours wasted.

I've been quite productive though. I've been organizing my paperwork to send off to the Peace Corps. I have my last medical appointment tonight to get the final sign-off on all the labs and stuff. Oh wait, after working with the laboratory for over a month and a half, they still didn't do the required tests and just redid the old ones. So much for being done!

I also mopped up my room that flooded once again this morning. Water tight windows, who needs those? Uncovered ducts leading directly outside, what's the point in covering them? The resulting puddle would have provided hours of entertainment to any rubber boot clad, raincoat wearing, umbrella toting kid. I stuffed the big squeegy in the hole in the wall and closed rolldown shutters. I don't know if that helped stop the inundation or perhaps just the passing of the set of storm clouds. We'll see if it holds up to the next set.

Hmmm, what next, Golondrinas paperwork? I've got a whole day of fun to look forward to before we finallllly head out into the field. hehe

No comments: