Friday, February 5, 2010

I went to the last day of the teacher seminar today. Boy, the agenda wasn't followed at all... Instead of analyzing the environmental education guides (or touching them at all), evaluating the workshop, anything helpful... we listened to a powerpoint on the types of puppets and spent the rest of the day making our own puppets and creating a puppet show in groups. Wow. And they werent' even the puppet shows out of the guides (since the written objective of the workshop was to orient the teachers in the use of the guides). Soooo, that was pretty much a wasted day. I'm out of site again, which means I have internet. Life could be worse. :) And I'm earning major brownie points from ANAM, MEDUCA, and my Peace Corps bosses. Gotta rack those up while I can! I'll definitely have a thing or two to say to the National Director of Environmental Education when I meet with him on Monday. Like... hey, if you want educators to teach EE in the classroom and want them to use the guides you just spent a ton of money printing... maybe in the workshop you should do more than just pass out the guides after five days and 40 hours of sitting through irrelevent lectures and doing random dinamicas (minus the itsy-bit of time you gave the Peace Corps Volunteer, aka me, to explain everything about the guides). Of course, I'll have to be more politically correct when I offer that suggestion.

No comments: