Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Getting Excited

Okay, so I am freaking out a little actually. But hey, that's practically the same as being excited. I've been stocking up on what I need and realizing that there is not a whole lot of time to do everything I'm trying to get down before I go. Well, first off the list is cleaning up... it's not like that's anything new.

Emails from Golondrinas are starting to pour into my inbox. There actually haven't been that many, but they are packed with more info. One was in regard to flights: yep, add that to the to do list. One mentioned that we have a trailer to carry all of our stuff into the field: I guess the sites won't be as local as I thought. And another answered a bunch of the questions I asked, but only now I have about a million more! I am so thankful though that this project is so much more organized than the last. I'm really excited to see how everything unfolds and get out into the field!

Today I raided Target and bought enough drugs to set up my own pharmacy. If I have any problems with a stuffy nose, sneezing, headache, fever, bad food, cuts, etc, I'll be set. It's interesting to see how much packaging they use on each drug. I took the meds out of the outer boxes, and reduced the space it all takes up by at least half. Sorry for filling up your recycle Kels!

As I was driving back and sitting in traffic, I reflected on just how impulsive I am. Anything that allows me to make decisions on the fly, I'm all for it. That is why I have fallen in love with Google's version of 411 (1-800-GOOG-411). It is amazing. If I am out and about, all I have to do is call it to find out what used book stores are in Raleigh, ask for details, and get the addresses. I then plug it into a gps and am good to go! How great is that? There's no need to plan out my day before I leave the house and get directions from point A to point B. I do love technology.

Alright, so this is pretty much just rambling. I'll end here and hope that I get some more planning done today!

No comments: