Monday, September 24, 2007

My Apartment

We have one apartment, two rooms. There is a third room, and the renters were staying in that last night.. though I think they are leaving today. Basically, once you get off the elevator, you open up the apartment door right there. Then there is a tv to your right and you are looking at the dinning room table, with two comfy chairs and a sofa behind it. (Think of a rectangle with a stack of tv, table, chairs.) Then, you have to close that door, as it swings open to block off the rest of the house. That doorway then opens to a short hall with a kitchen on your right. The kitchen is probably about the size of Kels' but add in a small table and two chairs and miniturize the fridge and stove/oven. We do have a microwave though!


Turn to your left down another hall (think an L-shaped hallway) which ends in a T. In the middle are two bathrooms. Mine has a tub/shower. His has just a shower. I don't plan on taking any baths, but it will make doing laundry easier if I need to wash anything here by hand. To the right is my room. I have a twin bed, though it is in a single bedframe. It works but the matress is perched at an angle. The sheets remind me of polyester, though I don't know quite what type of blend they are. The overall effect is that they are rather coarse. The comforter is like one that you would buy for a little kid to play with, hence why I slept in my 20'F sleeping bag last night. I also have a desk, chair, and two closets, well one closet but two pairs of doors. I also have a slider that opens out into a narrow patio that runs the length of the this side of the apartment. (There is another patio that comes off the living room/dining room where the bbq (think the type you'd find at a campgound with the a grill over a rectangular area to put some coals) is located. To the left is the bedroom of the owners with a little bed like mine along with a computer and the wireless router we bought today. At the left end of the T is Ben's room which has a queen sized bed which takes up most of the room. I assume his closet space is similar, but he doesn't have a slider and I think he might only have one windo. He does have a two shelf piece of furnature in place of the desk. I guess that offers more storage, as my desk doesn't have any drawers on it... which would actually make it a table I suppose.


And that's our little apartment! Off the kitchen there is a little utility room. Though it is filled with so much stuff I don't really know what is in there. It looks like there might be a freezer though, which would be good, as the fridge in the kitchen doesn't have a freezer section. (And the fact that the leftover dinner we had last night and put in the fridge already had mold growing on it today. Yum. I didn't notice until after I started eating it, so good thing I have a drugstore in my luggage just in case!)

Hope that provides you a good idea of where I am living!

No comments: