Thursday, September 6, 2007

In Transition

It's been just under a month since I left Nome, Alaska behind. I then flew back to Marin county in CA to help Laura get ready for her wedding. Jumping on a plane after the beautiful ceremony, I landed in Raleigh, NC for a week of adjusting back to real life and taking care of Tusker while Kels and Jeff were in WA. Once they returned, I visited Courty in DE with my parents. I spent a week up north and am now back in Raleigh doggie sitting again.

Although still I feel like I haven't stopped moving for a long time, I have been able to send out some more applications, run much needed errands, and compose lengthy emails to settle matters to ready myself for my next endeavor. In the following week I hope to have a more clear goal of what I will be doing in the next few months.

I had an interview for a job in Argentina which would be fabulous as it would bring me to a new part of the world, working alongside locals. The job entails working with swallows to answer why birds in the tropics lay less eggs than those in higher latitudes.

I am eagerly awaiting the reply of both that job and the status of my Peace Corps application. Although I am only in the beginning stages of the process, I hope to be abroad by early next year. If that doesn't pan out though, I have a job offer in Mississippi working with Sandhill Cranes which would be a great experience.

I'll keep posting on my progress and hope that one of these plans comes to fruition in the near future!

No comments: