Thursday, October 25, 2007

Medico

Yay, I just received my medical packet for Peace Corps. It arrived in the States just after I left for here, so now I can finally start this new eval process. After reading everything through, I couldn't wait until my day off tomorrow to start hunting for English speaking doctors here. There's a medical office on my block, so I figured I'd start there. The lady at the desk didn't speak any English... and I forgot the word for physical, or check-up or whatever. Oh well, I suppose I should look that one up. (I thought I'd be okay with appointment.) The dentist at the office knew a little tiny bit of English. Score! I made an appointment with her next week and left her the forms so she can use a Spanish-English dictionary to figure out what everything is this week. hehe Progress! She also left me the name of a doctor who knew English. He's the son of her English teacher. (She took the classes a long time ago, evidently. hehe) If all else fails, his mom can translate for him, so I'm not worried about that. That's my mission tomorrow, wish me luck!

No comments: