Sunday, October 21, 2007

Start at the Very Beginning

It's kinda funny how certain events can foreshadow others in life. When I was at the zoo, all the little kids kept calling out "yacaré! yacaré!" which is Spanish for alligator. Then yesterday we actually had an alligator at our site!!! I knew just what Martín and Laura were talking about when the called out the same word. See, I am learning a little. hehe On that note, I have decided that I am going to start from the very beginning to refresh my Spanish. All too often I blurt out incorrect conjugations knowing full well that I am not using the right one, and then say a few more just to get to the one that I am thinking about. I really don´t know why... but I need to correct it. As you would expect nothing less of me, I downloaded a FREE program. hehe. Although I have just started using it, I really like it. It´s called SpanishUno and the verb conjugations originally drew me to the program. I really like the graphical interface which I need to keep me interested in using the program. hehe. Plus it has tons of sound files so perhaps one day I´ll start using the real pronunciation of ¨rr¨ again. Oh, and I switched my keyboard to an international one, so let me know if most of the punctuations I write are jibberish. It´s just a whole lot easier to type all the accent marks this way when I am writing to Martín, Laura, and Rodrigo. Well, I just wanted to share that with you in case any of ya´ll have a desire to learn some Spanish too. hehe, or perhaps I should say, jaja as they do here...

No comments: